Awardees of Design Practitioners may receive a financial sponsorship up to HK$500,000 (Awards 1) or HK$250,000 (Awards 2) to undergo overseas work in renowned design companies.
Awardees of Design Graduates may receive a financial sponsorship up to HK$250,000 (Awards 2-4) to undergo overseas work in renowned design companies or study abroad.
Awardee of Award 5 will not receive financial sponsorship but recognition as encouragement.
- Undergo work in overseas renowned design companies for 6 to 12 months.
- Undergo work in overseas renowned design companies for 6 to 12 months/ study abroad for 6 to 18 months.
- Contribute to the development of Hong Kong’s design and creative industries by returning to Hong Kong as soon as possible after the completion of their overseas undertakings and working for a Hong Kong design business for not less than two consecutive years; and
- Become the ambassadors of DFA HKYDTA and share their overseas and /or design experience with the organiser or sponsors etc.
Awardees may receive a sponsorship up to HK$500,000 (Awards 1) or HK$250,000 (Awards 2-4). Subject to the maximum amount of the award concerned, the award covers the costs directly related to the overseas plan including (where appropriate):
- Airfares (round-trip economy class)
- Living expenses
- Any other costs approved by the organiser
Awardees granted with sponsorship are required to submit a detailed overseas plan proposal and budget plan for approval by the organiser and sponsor, and commence the approved work by end of September 2023 / study by end of February 2024.