Online application for DFA Hong Kong Young Design Talent Award 2021 starts at 09:00, 20 April 2021 and will close at 17:00, 28 Jun 2021. (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8)
Call for Application: 20 April to 28 Jun 2021
- Register an account (Step 1)
- Complete and submit online application (Step 2-9)
- Submit Hong Kong Permanent Resident Identity Card (HKID) copy via email (Step 10)
Register an account
Provide information of your design background
Provide information of your career/ educational background
Provide information of your academic background, professional qualifications and membership
List out your design-related awards obtained, if any
Upload images (JPG format) of your design works with project titles and description
Describe your overseas plan, including your objectives, overseas work / study plan and expected learning outcome, your potential contribution to Hong Kong design and creative industries, etc.
Upload your portrait (JPG format), 3-min Presentation Video (MP4 format) and all supporting documents (PDF format)*
Click “Submit Application” button to submit the online application
Submit Hong Kong Permanent Resident Identity Card (HKID) copy via email**
*Requirement of the 3-min Presentation Video
Please click here to download the video requirements and suggestion.
Please upload and submit ALL supporting documents through online application system, including:
- Complete Nomination Form
- Academic/ professional qualifications and membership
- Reference letters and/or certification letters from previous employer(s), if any
- Award certificate(s), if any
- Written reply of work conditional offer from overseas design company(ies)^, if any
- Student ID Copy (for Graduates ONLY)
^Overseas Work Conditional Offer
Practitioners and Graduates who plan to undergo overseas work, please seek conditional offer(s) from the Suggested Overseas Design Companies or your preferred companies:
- Please send your resume and portfolio to your selected company(ies) by email directly
- Please state "Application for Overseas Work of DFA HKYDTA 2021" and your Application ID (e.g. DP-0001) in your email subject
- Please try to secure at least one 6 to 12-month work from overseas design companies and ask the company(ies) to provide you email confirmation(s) if it/they grant(s) you the conditional offer(s) on or before the submission deadline.
**Submission of Hong Kong Permanent Resident Identity Card (HKID) Copy
Please send us the followings before the application deadline after your online application submission.
- HKID card copy (in PDF format with password protected) to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- PDF file password in a separate email to email@example.com
You will be required to present your HKID card original copy for verification at the registration counter when attending the judging session(s).
The application will be regarded unsuccessful due to any incomplete steps in the process.
All personal information submitted will solely be used for the DFA Hong Kong Young Design Talent Award purposes.
by 17:00 on 28 Jun 2021 (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8)